Sorry Guys

MONGCHAW

Jun 1, 2019
Bangladesh
Hey Everyone,
Those who know me knows how dedicated I am towards the Ham5teak Community.
Here is the saddest part, I was trying to sort things out with College and Servers. But after getting on college I had a packed time, I was able to sit on the server for about 1-2 hours after attending college.
I was almost getting into my schedules right; just when a little accident happened,

On July 25th of July I was attacked by a ransomware of the .djvu variant with me 4.3k people was also effected, Now I had been using laptop at that time and I had a lot of old files from 2012. All of them gone right under my nose. Now I am in the loss of data and my only source of getting into the server. I had my log on details on a safe place (I might be attacked by a ransomware but im not stupid) so I can get my original Acc back but it will take some time as I have over 1TB of files encrypted. Now I'm working with bleeping computer to get my and those 4.3k peoples file back. Luckily about 140 peoples were able to get there files back but My files were encrypted through a Offline and a Online key. Now If it was locked through an offline key. I would be able to get those back but since it was locked two times with a ONLINE and an OFFLINE key. I cannot do much more.

Now in the 5 years of my coding I have never faced a problem such as this which is why I am not being that active on the server and on Discord, I try to be online as much as I could on discord and through phone but at the end of the day, I still a human and my time is limited on somethings. Now I am writing this post as most of ya'll dont even remember me being offline for more then a week,
Here is my reason. Sorry @IzayaIII and the others even @Cakery as I am failing in my tasks ;')
I might need about a month or two before getting online again through my PC.Wish me luck on helping myself and others
Happy Mining,
-MONGCHAW

Edit-1: Also Im not that active in the Forum Sorry for that too ;')

D: hope u get ur file back soon MONGCHAW
I'm on the same boat btw, the factory that is currently repairing my laptop got theft and my laptop's situation is now unknown
We'll be waiting for u to come back after that, Good luck

Ali

Feb 1, 2019
Canada
google.com
We're sorry to hear about this! I'd personally recommend that you consider an antivirus if you do get a new laptop
And you should have a backup system, you can use window's built in feature or can easily create a system that every once a while makes a backup on a different disk and your user account should only have read access to the files and a different account only for backups should be made with write access.

There are also many online. (Don't have the links right now)

MONGCHAW

Jun 1, 2019
Bangladesh
We're sorry to hear about this! I'd personally recommend that you consider an antivirus if you do get a new laptop
Well I am trying to get my files back and then using the same laptop as its way more efficient then paying ransom but I will have a antivirus after fixing the laptop
And you should have a backup system, you can use window's built in feature or can easily create a system that every once a while makes a backup on a different disk and your user account should only have read access to the files and a different account only for backups should be made with write access.

There are also many online. (Don't have the links right now)
Well I am going to buy a external harddisk and as I use win 7 it's not possible for me to get that automatic data storage in cloud
D: hope u get ur file back soon MONGCHAW
I'm on the same boat btw, the factory that is currently repairing my laptop got theft and my laptop's situation is now unknown
We'll be waiting for u to come back after that, Good luck
I feel you bruh :')